Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Toes and Anniversaries

Good News! Yesterday I had my stitches removed - nine from each little toe. The surgeon continues to be amazed at my quick recovery and high tolerance to pain. The toes are still swollen and may continue to be for 3-5 MONTHS, so I can only wear flip-flops.

With the removal of stitches, came a little more freedom. I'm permitted to drive "short distances" and I can "slowly" return to Curves, if I make sure to protect my toes. I hope I can comfortably wear my ballet slippers during my work-outs.

Today I decided to the drive the short distance to school. Because of a recent resignation, (thanks, Rich) I knew there was work waiting on me. I worked for six hours and being on a semi-regular schedule did wonders. Accomplishing something makes me feel a lot better than being on the couch all day.

Tomorrow I plan on catching up with some housework, replace the spring decor with summer/4th of July, clean the bathrooms and do laundry. Hopefully I'll feel like driving the short distance to mom's to check our her newly painted house.

Oh yeah - tomorrow is mine and Jeff's 27th wedding anniversary. Tonight Jeff said, "Do you think we should go out to eat or something?" I replied, "No, I'd rather just stay home." Does this mean we're getting old?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Glad to hear you are healing rapidly! Never 'just stay home' on an anniversary...it sets a bad precedent! :)

10:39 PM  
Blogger valerie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Glad Tammy Toes are healing!
Home from wedding! lots of wonderful pictures! will come and visit!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home